Visit Southern Minnesota
Visit southern Minnesota where you can explore charming small towns, visit some of our most beautiful state parks, and tour locations where you can learn about Native American history in Minnesota.
Two distinct regions of southern Minnesota are typically called PrairieLand and BluffLand. PrairieLand, in the southwest corner of Minnesota, is now primarily farmland. Nevertheless, there are many reasons to visit this part of the state.
BluffLand, in the southwestern corner of the state, offers some of the state's most beautiful geography.
You'll Find Great Prices on Minnesota Hotels at Hotels.Com
Visit Southern Minnesota PrairieLand Attractions
Some of these attractions include the Laura Engalls Wilder House in Walnut Grove, the Sod House on the prairie, the Harkin Store near New Ulm, the World's Largest Twine Ball near the tiny village of Darwin.
Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Inns
- Lac Qui Parle State Park - This state park is a great place to visit if you like wildlife watching. Large flocks of migrating geese gather here in autumn and This state park is also adjacent to the Lac Qui Parle Wildlife Management Area. In addition to geese, you are likely to see white pelicans, prairie chickens, bald eagles and other types if Minnesota wildlife.
- New Ulm - This town is a perfect place to celebrate your German heritage. Even if you are not of Teutonic descent, you will enjoy the chiming Glockenspiel, the statue of Hermann the German, and the wonderful German food and beer.
- Pipestone National Monument - The type of pipestone quarried here is not found anywhere else in the world. Catlinite pipestone is used to carve pipes, bowls and other ceremonial objects used by Minnesota Native Americans.
- Jeffers Petroglyphs - This historic site is an eighty-acre attraction that protects more than 2,000 ancient Native American carvings that include buffalo, deer, thunderbirds, humans, and weapons.
- Blue Mounds State Park - The mound for which this park is named appeared to be blue to early settlers. The amazing blue cliff is a massive 1.5 mile long outcropping of blue quartzite.
Choose a romantic, cozy B & B anywhere in Minnesota you want to be.
Visit Southern Minnesota BluffLand Attractions
Scientists tell us that the Minnesota rivers and streams in Southern Minnesota once flowed rapidly through this area as glaciers melted, carving out the landscape. The rivers are still a primary attraction you can enjoy when you visit Southern Minnesota. The Zumbro River, Whitewater River, and are wonderful fishing and canoeing and and the trails are perfect for biking and bird watching.
Fishing Southern Minnesota
Fishing Minnesota lakes and rivers is popular in all parts of the state. Bass fishing is especially popular here. Large mouth and small mouth bass love the waters of southern Minnesota that warm up before the frozen lakes farther north.
Bass Fishing Minnesota: How and where to catch largemouth and smallmouth bass in Minnesota
Minnesota State Parks
Visit Minnesota Home Page
Minnesota Gifts & Souvenirs
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Minnesota Vacation Rentals - A vacation rental will give you the feel of your own cabin or chalet in Minnesota. Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. There are fantastic rental properties and amazing locations that will be perfect for your group of any size.
Best Prices on Minnesota Hotels at Hotels.Com
Best Prices on Vacation Packages at BookingBuddy!
25 Best Minnesota Family Resorts
Ticket Liquidator: Minnesota Events Tickets and Venues
Get deeply discounted tickets on top Minnesota sporting events, concerts, and shows. Timberwolves, Golden Gophers, Top Concerts ....More. Continuously Updated
with current ticket offers.
Enjoy doing the things you love while saving with the discounts in the Entertainment Book. Many offers are two-for-one deals, 50% off and more. Get Your Entertainment Book Today!
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Only in Minnesota
Minnesota Nice: Adult Coloring Book Full of Minnesota Love
Minnesota Travel Books