Visit Minnesota Museums
Visit Minnesota Website
Visit Minnesota museums all over the state that celebrate our history, achievements, art and culture.
Museums are some of the most visited attractions in Minnesota.
Here are what we believe are the "must see" museums in Minnesota.
Visit Minnesota Museums of Art: Some of our favorite art museums include:
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Walker Art Center
- Minnesota Museum of American Art
- Weisman Art Museum
You can discover unique and popular museums all around Minnesota. Read reviews of some of them at Things to Do in Minnesota.
The Landmark Center (pictured) in downtown St. Paul is a Minnesota museum that encompasses many features and attractions. It is home to many prominent Twin Cities arts organizations, including:
- American Association of Woodturners and the AAW Gallery of Wood Art
- Ramsey County Historical Society Gallery - changing exhibits about local history
- Schubert Club Museum of Musical Instruments
- Landmark Center Archive Gallery - changing exhibits from its local history collection
The variety of art museums in Minnesota contribute so much to the great quality of life for those who are interested in Minnesota art and culture.
Minnesota museums showcase and celebrate what has made, and still makes, our state unique. Some museums in Minnesota, like the Minnesota History Center, the Science Museum of Minnesota, and some of our art museums are so large that you could spend days and not see everything.
Other museums are much smaller and focus on a particular interest such as fishing, trains, a famous person, a particular culture or even the quirky and unusual. All are great places to discover summer activities for kids and year-round enjoyment for everyone.
Visit Minnesota museums that have a special appeal for children.
- Minnesota Children's Museum: The place to touch and not just look! Kids will love the interactive displays and activities. Newly renovated, this museum will feature all new exhibits, a multi story climber, an expanded todd;er play area and an air and water gallery.
- Twin Cities Model Railroad Museum: Just what it sounds like...trains, trains, and more trains. See them travel through intricate city and country "landscapes."
Many other museum across the state will be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. We've included some of the best on this page of little known Minnesota attractions.
Minnesota History Museums: Visit Minnesota museums that focus on the history and culture of Minnesota and Minnesotans. Two that are not to be missed are:
- American Swedish Institute:Tour the Turnblad Mansion, enjoy exhibitions in the Mansion and Osher Gallery, experience contemporary Swedish and Nordic culture alongside Minneapolis history, find unique Nordic designed products in the Museum Shop. Visit for special holiday exhibits including Christmas and Valentine Day.
- Museum of Russian Art: The only North American museum of its kind, this museum showcases Russian art and artifacts seldom seen anywhere else in the U.S.
Visit Unique Minnesota Museums
Visit Minnesota Museums that Focus on Science and Education. Here are two to start you off.
- Minnesota Science Museum: A huge museum with interactive displays for all ages, the famous OMNI Theater, the Mississippi River Museum, and the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices. Who could ask for more?
- Bakken Museum of Electricity: Discover electricity with Benjamin Franklin! Learn about magnetism and see related antique devices.
- Mill City Museum in Minneapolis - You will learn about the Minneapolis flour milling history in an iconic setting.
Visit Minnesota Museums You May Have Missed
There are a few more "specialty" museums in the state that we think you will love.
- The Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota in Mankato
- Minnesota Marine Art Museum - in Winona features works by Georgia O'Keefe, Picasso, Monet and many more artists who feature water related themes. The museum over looks the Mississippi River.
- Laura Engalls Wilder Museum - in Walnut Grove
- The SPAM Museum in Austin Minnesota - To date, eight billion cans of SPAM have been sold worldwide. Introduced in 1937 as a protein source to provide the military, SPAM is now popular in many parts of the U.S. and around the world.
- Minnesota State Public School Orphanage Museum in Owatonna - This school opened in 1886 as a haven for abandoned children.
Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. Take a look at some of these fantastic properties and locations for your group of any size.Travel in style. For less than a hotel.
Minnesota Tourism Reviews: find the best Minnesota deals, compare prices,
and read what other travelers have to say about the places to go and things to do in Minnesota...or anywhere in the world you travel.
Back to Minnesota Attractions
Back to Entertainment in Minnesota
One of Our Favorite Minnesota Books
FTC Disclosure: If you make a purchase via a link on this page, I may earn a small commission on the transaction - at no added
cost to you. Thank you!
Today's Best Travel Deals
Extra 75% Off Select Hotels with Expedia App Coupon
Find the Best Minnesota Travel Deals at Booking Buddy!
Great Prices on Minnesota Hotels at Hotels.Com
Vacation Rentals under $50 a night
Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Inns - Choose a romantic, cozy B & B anywhere in Minnesota you want to be.
Hotels.com: Save big NOW on all hotel bookings with Up to a $100 Cash Back Rebate with code REBATES18! Book by 12/31/18, Travel by 3/31/19.
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Things to Do in Minnesota
Minnesota Vacation Rentals - A vacation rental will give you the feel of your own cabin or chalet in Minnesota. Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. There are fantastic rental properties and amazing locations that will be perfect for your group of any size.
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Only in Minnesota
Minnesota Nice: Adult Coloring Book Full of Minnesota Love
Minnesota Travel Books