Visit Harmony Minnesota Tourist Attractions
Visit Minnesota Website
Visit Harmony Minnesota tourist attractions. Shop for handmade gifts, jams and local produce. Take an Amish Tour to see simple living at its best.
According to the story, the naming of Harmony came about during an argument about the town's proposed name. Someone in the group said, "please, let's just have harmony." And so it has been ever since.
Plan Your Harmony Minnesota Visit:
- Niagara Cave is one of the most fascinating geological attractions in the country. In Niagara Cave you will have the opportunity to see natural canyon-like passageways sculpted by water from an underground stream and the underground waterfall. One hour tours are offered. See an underground waterfall, fossils and cave formations. Currently open seven days per week. Other attractions include an 18 hole mini golf course, gift shop, concessions and gem stone mining.
Harmony Minnesota Hotels:
- Amish Tours: One of the primary reasons many people visit Harmony Minnesota is to learn about the Amish people who live there and to buy some of the goods they produce. If you want a guided visit, sign up for one of the Amish Tours available in the area.
- 60 miles of paved bike trail: The Governor recently signed a bill to extend Harmony’s state trail to the Iowa border and Niagara Cave.
- 10,000 square feet of antiques,
- an award-winning 9-hole golf course,
- One-of-a-kind gift shops,
- Award winning restaurants
- Winneshiek Wildberry Winery - Visit Minnesota Wineries
- Easy driving distance to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum
You can stay in the Country Lodge, a homey hotel in a renovated creamery, the Asahi Loft of Harmony that offers beautiful Japanese style luxury accommodations, and Amish Valley Cabin in nearby rural Canton, MN that offers an amenity filled private getaway, perfect for family vacations, reunions, quilting retreats and more!
The Country Lodge Inn hosts an Amish farmers market in their parking lot every Saturday from May – October.
You can experience the unique lifestyle and learn about Harmony's Amish community by booking a tour through Amish Tours of Harmony. Winter tours are available by appointment by calling 800-752-6474. No Sunday tours.
Harmony, Minnesota Trip Planning
If you choose to explore on your own you can do a self-guided tour by purchasing a CD and listen as you explore. Please respect the privacy of the Amish community. That includes not questioning them about their way of life or their religion.
You will see signs in front of some Amish homes advertising "Quilts," "Eggs," or "Honey," etc. In some cases they use the honor system where you take the product and leave the cash. If they come out to transact business, it is just that, it is not an invitation into their home.
Visit Harmony Minnesota Shops
Slim's Woodshed is a mini-museum that showcases a collection of carvings from around the world. This museum/classroom/store is a "must see."
The Karst Interpretive Site offers a series of signs that describe the geology of the Harmony area.
The Jem Theater is a small, renovated 1940's style movie house that shows first run films and serves popcorn with real butter!
Shopping is one of the primary reasons many people visit Harmony Minnesota. There are many places right in town where you can buy Amish goods and other one-of-a-kind items. Here are a few:
- The Village Green offers Amish furniture, quilts, baskets, Boyds Bears, dolls, and gourmet food items.
- Taste wines from the Winneshiek Wildberry Winery
- Amish Connection sells handcrafted Amish furniture, linens, lace, rugs, soy candles, clocks, and gift items.
- R J Wood Goods sells a full line of Amish-made furniture in country, formal, and Shaker styles.
- Sugar Plum House is where to go for treats including ice cream, candy, malts, smoothies and sodas.
on Main offers unique handmade items, essential oils and more!
Ways New Ideas offers handcrafted items, Amish baskets and
general store merchandise
Generations of Harmony is a 10,000 square foot antique mall with
over 130 vendor booths
For a fun and unique experience when you visit Harmony Minnesota, check out the Eagle Bluff’s Skills School. Classes are focused on helping adult learners gain new skills for joyful living and a sustainable world. Recent classes include creating unique, hand-made wood turned bowls and platters, learning to make bread, pies, or homemade noodles with an Amish instructor, and Shiitake Mushroom cultivation. For a fun outing with friends and family just choose a class. To see a full class listing, learn more and to register visit: www.eagle-bluff-skills-school.org
The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook:
Plainly Delicious Recipes from the Simple Life
Visit Niagra Cave
In the "early days" a local farmer discovered that some of his pigs had fallen into a cavern.
Upon investigating, he discovered what is now a primary tourist attraction in Harmony.
Be prepared to descend by about 20 stair steps into the cool environment of the cave. Features include a 60 foot tall waterfall, crystal wedding chapel, and fossils and stalactites.
You will find it an amazing adventure.
The Harmony Visitor Center on 2nd Street can help you with information about the area and tours. Historic Bluff Country is in the same building and will give you tips about the region, available lodging and more.
Great Side Trip:Visit Caledonia
where the landscape is dotted with 60 barns adorned with quilts!
Visit Lanesboro, the "Bed & Breakfast Capital" of Minnesota. Romantic Lanesboro is a perfect place for a romantic getaway in Minnesota.
Lanesboro B&Bs, Vacation Rentals and Hotels
are all near the best attractions in Harmony.
Forestville Mystery Cave State Park With its stalactites, stalagmites, and underground pools, this is the longest cave in the state with 13 miles of passages. Park naturalists provide tours of the cave throughout the summer and on weekends in the spring and fall.
The Amish: A People Of Preservation
The best family vacation destinations
in Minnesota include beautiful family vacation resorts, dozens of
state parks and many other top family vacations spots.
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
#adMinnesota Vacation Rentals
Book Flight and Hotel Together at Booking Buddy and Save 30%!
Minnesota State of Wonders
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Made in Minnesota