Snow Sledding in Minnesota
Visit Minnesota Website
Get the whole family out snow sledding in Minnesota.
Sledding hills all over Minnesota offer snow sledding thrills and winter outdoor activities.
There are sledding hills in all parts of the state that offer gentle downhill sliding that even young children can enjoy.
Your Best Minnesota Travel Deals are at Booking Buddy!
Minnesota State of Wonders
Where to Go Snow Sledding
Minnesota state parks can be great places to go for a sledding outing. Frontenac State Park (just a short drive from the Twin Cities) has a warming shelter near the sledding area. Lots of other state parks all over Minnesota have wonderful sliding hills.
Some of the best snow sledding in Minnesota can be found right in the Twin Cities. Many ski areas offer tubing hills for exciting downhill fun. Buck Hill in Burnsville is one of the ski areas that includes tubing hills in addition to skiing and snowboarding facilities.
If you are into the thrills and spills of extreme sledding there are lots of sledding runs to accommodate you as well.
More Great Snow Sledding Hills in Minnesota:
- Columbia Golf Course in Northeast Minneapolis...one of the steepest hills in the Twin Cities.
- Theodore Wirth Park, west of downtown Minneapolis...a sledding hill with a tow rope.
- Staring Lake Sledding Hill in Eden Prairie. 700-foot sledding hill/plastic sleds only..no sleds with metal runners or skis. Warming house. Call 952-934-7120 for info.
- Fourteen parks in St. Paul have designated sledding hills, from gentle to steep. Our favorite is in Battle Creek park, a steep hill that's lit for sledding until 9 p.m on winter evenings.
- Minikahda Vista Park, in St. Louis Park has a long, steep, unobstructed hill. Oak Hill Park in St. Louis Park is also popular with families. The city of St. Louis Park 10 other parks with with designated sliding hills.
- Vadnais-Snail Lake Regional Park has a sledding hill, right by the Snail Lake parking lot.
- Manitou Ridge in White Bear Lake has two hills at the golf course, one slow and smooth and the other is a faster hill with bumps to add a challenge. Both hills are behind the club house.
- Powder Ridge in Kimball, MN is one of the best ski areas in the state. Powder Ridge also has a reputation as one of the best tubing spots in Minnesota.
Laskiainen Sliding Festival - Palo Minnesota
A celebration of snow sledding in Minnesota:
Finnish sliding festival celebrating the ethnic heritage of customs, crafts, music, sports, marketplace, foods and of course sliding! A true family event.
Loon Lake Community Center
Palo, MN 55705
Call or email for current information:
More Winter Sports Links:
Minnesota Ski Resorts
Minnesota Cross-Country Skiing
Cross-Country Skiing Basics
How to Ice Skate
More About Learning to Ice Skate
Ice Fishing in Minnesota
Snowmobiling in Minnesota
Skijoring in Minnesota
Minnesota Winter Activities
List of Winter Sports
Back to Minnesota Winter
For your graphic design needs, contact Joy Creating Cool Graphics
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Things to Do in Minnesota
Minnesota Vacation Rentals - A vacation rental will give you the feel of your own cabin or chalet in Minnesota. Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. There are fantastic rental properties and amazing locations that will be perfect for your group of any size.
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps