Minnesota RV Campgrounds
Minnesota RV park campgrounds offer the freedom and flexibility you want. Enjoy Minnesota State Parks and National Forest Campgrounds.
Travel anywhere the road takes you and explore Minnesota RV campgrounds in all parts of our state.
Choose from secluded RV campsites in our state parks or find sites near almost all of our cities and towns when planning your visit to Minnesota.
Your home on wheels allows you to enjoy Minnesota with your family and friends with all the comforts of home. Choose the area of Minnesota that most appeals to you for your RVing getaway.
Most family vacation destinations
in Minnesota include beautiful family vacation resorts, dozens of
state parks and many other top family vacations spots.
What do you need to add to your Camping Equipment?
The freedom and flexibility of RV travel is one of the primary appeals.
Despite higher gas prices, your vacation budget can be stretched by
choosing a recreational vehicle as your vacation home or cabin.
We have rented RV's on many occasions and traveled to many parts of Minnesota with family or friends. Sharing rental expenses is just one way to save. Except for special celebrations, or just to try a unique eatery, we rarely eat in restaurants while RVing. Cooking our own meals, then eating at a picnic table in our RV park is budget friendly and, most of the time, more enjoyable.
Fees in Minnesota RV campgrounds and parks are reasonable. You can find RV sites that rent by the week or month in all areas of the state. Compare the cost of a week in a cabin on a lake to the fee for a spot to park your RV for a week and you will be delighted with the bargain to be had in your "movable lake home."
Camping Minnesota: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds
The first decision you will make is about the region of Minnesota that you want to visit. This is a very personal choice of course however, if this is your first trip to Minnesota, we have a few suggestions.
- Imagine parking your RV in a Minnesota RV campground that overlooks Lake Superior. Watch the sunset over the lake and maybe stay up to see the stars come out. If you are lucky, you may even see the Northern Lights play on the water. Fall asleep at night to the sound of waves splashing on the rocky shore. There are dozens of campsites all the way up the shore from Duluth to the Canadian border.
- Make "Minnesota's backyard," the Central Lakes area, your destination. Experience Minnesota fishing on some of the largest lakes in Minnesota including Mille Lacs, Leech Lake, Lake Winnibigoshish, or all the way north to Lake of the Woods. Enjoy the attractions and adventures to be found in this regions towns and cities that include: Brainerd, Grand Rapids, Park Rapids, Detroit Lakes, Cass Lake, Bemidji, Thief River Falls and so many more. This area includes Itasca State Park, the Chippewa National Forest and the Mille Lacs Indian Museum.
- Some of the best Minnesota RV campgrounds and some of our most scenic towns are found in the St. Croix River Valley. Stay in St. Croix State Park, our largest state park, and hike the River Bluff Trail. Visit Marine-on-St. Croix, a town that takes us back to an earlier era. Enjoy the restaurants and activities in historic Stillwater. In Taylors Falls you can visit Interstate State Park and cruise the river on a paddleboat.
- Minnesota's bluff country is a unique corner of the state with it's own stunning scenery and attractions. You can drive your RV down the Great River Road. Watch eagles in Winona and Red Wing. Stay in Great River Bluffs State Park or Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park. Visit the Minnesota Amish communities near Harmony and Lanesboro. See the world famous Mayo Clinic in Rochester---they have an amazing medical museum. And don't neglect a visit to the SPAM museum in Austin!
You will want to come back often to visit Minnesota in your RV and experience more of our outdoor splendor. We have lived here all our lives and still have a long list of places to see, or see again. Come join in the fun!
Private Minnesota Vacation Rentals in every region of Minnesota
The Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide (Good Sams Rv Travel Guide & Campground Directory)
Minnesota RV Campgrounds Related Pages:
Minnesota State Parks
National Forest Campgrounds
Minnesota State Parks Reviews
Campgrounds in Minnesota
Minnesota Campground Directory
Back to Minnesota Camping
Vacation Rentals Worldwide
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Made in Minnesota
Minnesota Visitor Site Map
Minnesota Visitor Home Page
For personalized travel information call 888-VISITMN (847-4866)
Minnesota Department of Natural resources 888-646-6367
Minnesota Historical Society 888-777-8386
Judith Ramsey - Publisher
Copyright © 2005 ~ 2019
All Rights Reserved
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Photos are provided by our affiliations with Amazon, Trip Advisor, Unsplash, Expedia, and by our content providers.
#adMinnesota State Parks: From Afton to Zippel Bay
Advertise On Visit Minnesota