Visit Minnesota Website
Minnesota parks offer some of the best of our natural resources to visitors and residents alike. Plan a family picnic, a day at the beach, a brief walk, or a jog around a lake. Wherever you go in Minnesota you are sure to be near one of our beautiful parks.
The best family vacation destinations
in Minnesota include beautiful family vacation resorts, dozens of
state parks and many other top family vacations spots.
Minneapolis was recently awarded for having the "Best Park System in The Nation."
This recognition rewards those who have had the vision in Minneapolis, and all across Minnesota, to set aside our most beautiful places for people to enjoy.
Parks in Minnesota offer a wide variety of recreational facilities that include camping, swimming, picnic facilities, and fishing opportunities.
You will often find groomed trails for hiking, biking, in-line skating, horse-back riding and much more.
When you think of Minnesota parks, you will want to visit the crown jewels of our parks: Minnesota's State Parks
Our one and only National Park is Voyageurs National Park
Minnesota's National Park and State Forests offer some of the most beautiful scenery in the state.
The parks in Minnesota are available for winter activities as well. You will find groomed trails for snowmobiling, four-wheeling and cross-country skiing. Visit Minnesota and enjoy our parks!
Parks in Minnesota Cities and Towns
Twin Cities Parks:
- Harriet Island Park: Just across the river from downtown St. Paul. This riverfront park is a wonderful family park. It is, as well, the setting for many Twin Cities festivals and music festivals. This is also the place to take a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River.
- Como Park Zoo & Conservatory: A park with so much to offer including the Como Zoo, a wonderful conservatory, themed gardens, and an amusement park. Most of the park is free. You will pay for rides in the amusement park.
- Indian Mounds Park: One of St. Paul's little known treasures. This park features a historic monument to the past: six Indian burial mounds atop the bluff that overlooks downtown and the Mississippi River. This park is in our own Dayton's Bluff neighborhood and one we visit often.
- Grand Rounds and Chain of Lakes: The Chain of Lakes is part of the Grand Rounds, a National Scenic Byway. Includes a number of parks along a chain of connecting lakes. More than thirteen miles of paths circle the Chain. Bike or walk beautiful trails in an urban setting. The Grand Rounds is a loop of over 50 miles around the city.
- Minnehaha Park: Minnehaha is part of the Grand Rounds Scenic byway. It deserves special mention as it is a Minnesota park that exemplifies so much of what makes our city parks worth visiting. Minnehaha Creek and Minnehaha Falls are stunningly picturesque--and don't miss seeing the frozen falls in winter! Minnesota history can be explored as you tour the Steven's House and Longfellow House. (and take a photo by the statue of Hiawatha near the falls).
There are hundreds of parks in other Minnesota cities and towns. Some of our smallest towns set aside lakeside picnic areas, build playgrounds and proudly show off the beauty of their hometown by sharing a park setting for their resident and visitors.
Minnesota also has many county parks. These are often vast areas set aside near lakes or rivers. They usually feature large picnic shelters that can accommodate a family reunion. (this is where our family gathers for our big get-togethers). They often have scenic hiking trails and other recreational amenities.
Help Keep Minnesota Green
Rose Garden - Duluth
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
#adMinnesota Vacation Rentals
Book Flight and Hotel Together at Booking Buddy and Save 30%!
Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Inns
Your Best Minnesota Travel Deals are at Booking Buddy!
Minnesota State of Wonders
Minnesota Vacation Rentals - A vacation rental will give you the feel of your own cabin or chalet in Minnesota. Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. There are fantastic rental properties and amazing locations that will be perfect for your group of any size.
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Made in Minnesota