Visit Minnesota Website
Minneapolis nightlife can be very favorably compared to most cities of a similar size. Minneapolis entertainment is legendary for its scope and quality. While the locals are loyal to their neighborhood gathering places, the hotspots have reputations that draw from a wider circle.
Ticket Liquidator: Minnesota Events Tickets and Venues
Get deeply discounted tickets on top Minnesota sporting events, concerts, and shows. Timberwolves, Golden Gophers, Top Concerts ....More. Continuously Updated
with current ticket offers.
Best Prices on Minneapolis Hotels at Hotels.Com
100 Things to Do in the Twin Cities Before You Die
is a "bucket list" of what to experience in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
An exciting night on the town in Minneapolis might include dinner and dancing, seeing a show or checking out various clubs. Here are some tips for what to see...and where to be seen...in the Minneapolis entertainment scene.
Read some reviews from those who are "in the know" about the best attractions and things to do in Minneapolis.
Book a Minneapolis Hotel Room
Twin Cities and Twin Ports Coupon Book & Discount Card - Only at Entertainment.com
Minneapolis Entertainment - up to 50% off on tickets to sporting events, concerts, and shows.
Hear Live Music
Minneapolis clubs have been the "launch pad" for some of the world's most respected artists. Here are some places to hear the legends as well as the "up and comers."
- First Avenue: one "claim to fame" is this club's showcasing in Prince's iconic movie movie Purple Rain. First Avenue was also the base of the Minneapolis punk movement with Hüsker Dü, Soul Asylum and the Replacements drawing crowds. First Avenue continues to attract national acts including alternative, folk-rock and hip-hop.
- The Dakota: Minneapolis boasts one of the most active jazz scenes in the country, and the legendary Dakota Restaurant & Jazz Club is one of best-loved venues for musicians and aficionados alike. New digs on Nicollet Mall continues to draw jazz superstars and the brightest newcomers to Minneapolis. Great jazz and great dining!
- Cedar Cultural Center: More than 150 shows a year pack out this music venue. You will hear everything including rock, jazz, blues, indie and folk. Don't miss the late September Nordic Roots Festival.
- Kieran's Irish Pub: This gorgeous bar and traditional Irish music will have you raising a glass and tapping your feet at this friendly popular downtown spot.
- Fine Line Music Cafe showcases the best of everything including great local acts. The dance floor is small. Also, arrive early if you want a table.
- The Cabooze: on the West Bank feels like a typical neighborhood hangout. The difference is in the top name acts you will find there from time to time.
- Triple Rock Social Club: Well populated with students from the U of M and Augsburg College. Quite a few neo-punk acts and some DJ nights. Add to that...free bacon Wednesdays!
- Nye's Polonaise Room: Esquire Magazine called Nye's the "Best Bar in America." This place has been in Minneapolis for more than 50 years and still has the same amibiance it did in the early days. Come to hear The World's Most Dangerous Polka Band.
If you want all of the "insider" tips, get yourself a copy of the Minneapolis & St. Paul Guide.
Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. Take a look at some of these fantastic properties and locations for your group of any size.Travel in style. For less than a hotel.
Read reviews of the Best Hotels and Bed & Breakfast Inns everywhere in Minnesota.
Put on Your Dancing Shoes
- Envy Nightclub: (400 1st Ave. N. Minneapolis) upscale and classy; the place to be seen in the Warehouse District.
- The Front: (15 4th St NE Minneapolis) no cover charge; agood music, great people watching, eclectic DJ, music videos playing on the big screen
- The Lounge: (411 2nd Ave N, Minneapolis) a Minneapolis nightlife stape with three dance rooms, each with its own style of music.
- Elixir: (322 1st Ave.,Minneapolis) no cover; great DJs playing good music; 2 for 1 drink specials
In our present economy, Minneapolis nightlife and entertainment venues come and go just as happens in every large city. Be sure to check, before heading out for an evening on the town, that the music venue, dance club or restaurant is indeed still in operation.
If you are looking for a great wine bar in Minneapolis, Here are a few top picks:
- Bev's Wine Bar on 3rd Avenue
- Beaujo's on France Avenue
- Toast on 1st Street
- Bar Lurcat at 1624 Harmon Place
Two important areas to check out for Minneapolis nightlife and Minneapolis entertainment:
- Nicollet Mall: This eleven block stretch of downtown is closed to traffic except buses and taxis. It's the place to gather outdoors in summer and in many of tje city's best restaurants all year long. This is where you will also see the iconic Mary Tyler Moore statue. It is also the location of Orchestra Hall, the Dakota Jazz Club and is just a block from the Hennepin Avenue theaters.
- Warehouse District: Close to First Avenue, the Target Center and many of the most well known bars, clubs and Minneapolis Restaurants.
Stay in the city for a while at one of these appealing hotels in Minneapolis Minnesota.
Here are a few more resources to help you in checking out Minneapolis nightlife and Minneapolis entertainment opportunities.
Minnesota Arts and Culture
Twin Cities Restaurants
Back to Minneapolis Tourism
Minnesota's Outdoor Wonders:
Exploring the Wonders of Minnesota Month by Month
If you make a purchase via a link on this page, I may earn a small commission on the transaction - at no added
cost to you. Thank you!
Your Best Minnesota Travel Deals are at Booking Buddy!
Check daily to see the Deal of the Day! Save up to 50% on featured hotels!
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Things to Do in Minnesota
Minnesota Vacation Rentals - A vacation rental will give you the feel of your own cabin or chalet in Minnesota. Choose a vacation rental in a specific area or get ideas about some of the best Minnesota vacation destinations before you decide. There are fantastic rental properties and amazing locations that will be perfect for your group of any size.
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps