Fishing Resorts Minnesota
Fishing Resorts Minnesota - Guide services will provide fishing equipment needed to land a lunker. Consider hiring a fishing guide for your Minnesota fishing vacation
Most family vacation destinations
in Minnesota include beautiful family vacation resorts, cabins, and dozens of
state parks and many other top family vacations spots.
When choosing a fishing resort, you can decide among rustic "up north" traditional cabins and resorts, more upscale resorts that offer fishing and many other activities or even a stay on a houseboat in the wilderness.
Read reviews of some of the resorts we feature to get an idea about what meets your needs. You can book your fishing vacation right from the links on this page.
Minnesota Fishing Resorts
A tip: almost all of Minnesota's resorts and lodges are located on a lake and almost all of them have fishing boats. If you want a guided fishing trip or other "fishing specific" amenities ask ahead to see what the resort offers.
for Your Fishing Minnesota Trip
Below are just a few of the many vacation rental properties available on or near lakes in Minnesota. Get a group of friends together and split the cost. You will likely save quite a bit over most Minnesota fishing resorts. Lots of these cabins and lake homes will include a boat. If not you can bring your own, or a rental, boat.
Crane Lake - BWCA and Voyageurs Area Vacation Rentals
Internations Falls- Rainy Lakes – BWCA Vacation Rentals
Lake Vermilion Vacation Rentals
Mille Lacs Vacation Rentals
Kabetogama Vacation Rentals
Leech Lake Vacation Rentals
Gull Lake Vacation Rentals
Brainerd Vacation Rentals
Park Rapids Vacation Rentals
Baudette Vacation Rentals
Fishing Resorts Minnesota: Ely Area
As a gateway area to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, Ely, Minnesota is a fishing destination on its own.
- Northern Lights Lodge is located on Bear Island Lake near Ely. Northern Lights offers a variety of accommodations. When fishing on Bear Island Lake expect to land lots of bass and trophy size walleyes and northerns.
- Burntside Lodge is one of the most beautiful in the state and is located on Burntside Lake in the Ely area. Fishing boats, pontoons, canoes and kayaks are available.
- Timber Trail Lodge and Outfitter offers excellent fishing on 4 interconnected lakes. This full-service fishing resort has everything you will need for fishing the lakes and can also outfit you for Boundary Waters Minnesota vacations.
- There are several fishing resorts accessed out of Grand Marais by the Gunflint Trail.
Fishing Resorts Minnesota: Near Voyageur's National Park
- Voyagaire Houseboats and Lodge on beautiful Crane Lake. Stay in the lodge or rent a houseboat for your fishing adventure.
- Nelson's Resort on Crane Lake Bring your own boat or choose from Nelson's fleet of well equipped boats. Expert guides will take you to their favorite spots. Catch Walleye, Northern Pike, Small Mouth Bass and pan fish; then enjoy a shore lunch prepared by your guide.
Take your fishing trip into Voyageurs National Park or into the Boundary Waters with Canoe Outfitters Boundary Waters.
Fishing Resorts Minnesota: Lake Vermilion
In the 1940's the National Geographic Society stated that Lake Vermilion was one of the top ten most scenic lakes in the United States. That is still true.
- Ludlow's Island Resort located on a private island with premier lodging options. Fish for walleye, smallmouth bass, northern pike, crappie, panfish and muskies. Guided day trips with shore lunch are available.
- Pehrson Lodge provides an extensive boat rental fleet, harbor/dock service, tackle shop, live bait, gas, fish cleaning, experienced guide service and weekly fishing seminars.
Fishing Resorts Minnesota: Lake of the Woods
Lake of the Woods is one of the largest lakes in the nation and one of the state's top "walleye factories." Fish in summer and come back for winter ice fishing. Here are just a few of the many fishing resorts:
- Cyrus Resort Fish for trophy walleye, sauger, and northern pike. Your choice of world class charter fishing or private small boat fishing. Minutes away from the Rainy River.
- Schuster's Resort offers charter boat packages that include lodging, fishing on a guided charter boat, fishing equipment, bait, tackle, coolers, fish cleaning, packaging, & freezing (if requested).
- Border View Lodge is located at the mouth of the Rainy River and offers full service guided fishing packages for both summer and winter fishing. You can combine fishing with golf or other activities.
Fishing Resorts Minnesota: Leech Lake
Leech Lake is a prime walleye fishing lake. Walker, Minnesota on the shores of Leech Lake, is best known for it's winter Eelpout Festival...a celebration of an ugly fish with a big head! Plan a fishing trip with a stay at one of these Minnesota fishing lodges:
- Trapper's Landing Lodge Fish for walleye, pike, muskie or panfish. Fishing amenities at this beautiful lodge include marina, boat rentals, bait & tackle.
- Adventure North Resort: Fish for walleye, muskellunge, jumbo perch, pike,largemouth bass, crappies & blue gill. Custom fishing packages are available that include lodging, meals, boat and motor or ice house, bait and fuel.
Kohl's Resort is another wonderful Minnesota fishing resort in the area. This Bemidji family-oriented resort offers a multitude of activities including top notch fishing. You can rent a boat or choose a guided fishing trip.
Lake Mille Lacs Fishing Resorts
Lake Mille Lacs is one of several Minnesota areas that claim the title of "Walleye Capital of Minnesota." Famous for their large fishing launches and winter ice fishing village, this is a destination fishing spot. For a couple of the best fishing resorts Minnesota offers, check out:
- Fisherman's Wharf is the home of "The Experience" Launch Fleet. They offer private and charter guide service, seasonal RV & ice house sites, fishing tournaments and more.
- McQuoid's Inn: Fish for walleye, muskie, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass. Hire a guide or go out on one of their launches. Both summer and winter fishing.
Brainerd Lakes Area Fishing Resorts
The Brainerd Lakes area, often called "Minnesota's Playground" and one of our state's most popular fishing destinations. The lakes are ringed with fishing resorts. Here are just a few:
- Madden's Resort on Gull Lake is a premier Minnesota resort with lots of recreational options. For your fishing vacation, choose from a variety of fishing boats including a Lund fishing boat equipped with a 115 hp motor, a full windshield, a front-mount trolling motor, fish locator and live well. Smaller fishing boats and pontoons are also available.
- Kavanaugh's Resort is on Sylvan Lake. In addition to other recreational options, fishing boats are available. Rental boats include 14 ft. fishing boats with 6hp motors and deluxe pontoon boats.
- Grand View Lodge on Gull Lake allows you to bring your own fishing boat or rent one of theirs. They offer advice about the best fishing spots and fishing guides.
To fish our "inland sea" check out these Lake Superior Fishing Charters.
You will find many more ideas about lodging for your fishing trip on our page about Minnesota Resorts and Lodges.
Fishing Resorts Minnesota Related Pages:
Minnesota Fishing Lakes
Minnesota Ice Fishing
Minnesota Fishing Report
Lake Superior Fishing Charters
Voyageurs National Park
Boundary Waters Minnesota Vacation
Back to Minnesota Fishing
We do not accept guest posts. You are welcome to comment on the topics on any page. Please keep your comments topic relative. Ads and photos on our site are purchased from out graphics affiliates. Thank you.
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Made in Minnesota
Minnesota Visitor Site Map
Minnesota Visitor Home Page
For personalized travel information call 888-VISITMN (847-4866)
Minnesota Department of Natural resources 888-646-6367
Minnesota Historical Society 888-777-8386
Judith Ramsey - Publisher
Copyright © 2005 ~ 2019
All Rights Reserved
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Photos are provided by our affiliations with Amazon, Trip Advisor, Unsplash, Expedia, and by our content providers.
#adMinnesota State Parks: From Afton to Zippel Bay
Advertise On Visit Minnesota