Christmas Food Gift Basket
Incredible hotel deals to book now at Expedia.com!
Create a Christmas food gift basket with easy to make treats and other Christmas gift basket ideas.
Use any basket or pretty container to hold your gift collection. Get creative about what you add and make it special for the recipient of your gift. (Photo credit thanks to
As I get older, I am increasing interested in passing on some of my "treasures" to my children and grandchildren.
One of my favorite Christmas gift basket ideas is to tuck a piece of jewelry, a family photo, a treasured book, or other memento into a gift basket.
Most family vacation destinations
in Minnesota include beautiful family vacation resorts, cabins, and dozens of
state parks and many other top family vacations spots.
Christmas Food Gift Basket Recipes
These chocolate Christmas gifts recipes will give you several ideas for your Christmas gift baskets.
Homemade Christmas gifts in a jar recipes are tasty additions to a gift basket or wonderful small "extra" gifts for almost anyone.
3 More Christmas Food Gift Basket Recipes
Candy Cane Mix
- 7 cups unsalted popped popcorn
- 3 cups holiday shaped pretzels (trees, stars, bells) or small pretzel twists
- 2 cups lightly salted dry-roasted cashews or honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 1/4 pounds vanilla-flavored candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint sticks, candy canes or other hard peppermint candies
- Combine popcorn, pretzels and cashews in a large bowl or pan
- Heat candy coating over low heat, in a heavy pan. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy. Stir.
- Pour the melted candy mixture over the popcorn mixture. Stir gently to coat. Spread onto a large piece of foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed candy. Cool and break into pieces. Place in an airtight container and add to your gift basket.
Chili Spiced Pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground Chimayo chili pepper or other medium-hot ground red chili pepper. Makes 2-1/2 cups.
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a medium bowl combine pecan halves, liqueur or maple syrup and oil. Stir in sugar and ground chili pepper. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 250 degrees F. oven for 45 minutes, stirring twice. Spread on a large piece of foil to cool. Store in airtight container and add to gift basket.
Cherry Almond White Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking squares with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped dried tart red cherries or dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Lightly butter the foil and set aside.
- Butter sides of a heavy, medium saucepan. Add powdered sugar, milk, and 1/4 cup butter to saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar (avoid splashing onto side of pan). Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil gently, without stirring, 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the white chocolate. If you like, stir in almond extract. Stir until white chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat; stir in dried fruit and almonds. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Chill candy overnight.
- When firm, use foil to lift fudge from pan. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in a tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Christmas Food Gift Basket for Needy
While you are filling a Christmas food gift basket with treats for family and friends, you may want some Christmas gift basket ideas for those who are in need at this time of year.
Everything in these baskets should be nonperishable and not expired or about to expire. Add something from each of these categories:
Vegetables and Fruit: Include basics like corn, peas, green beans and mixed vegetables. Diced tomatoes and tomato sauce are good additions as well. Add fruits like canned peaches, pineapple, fruit cocktail and canned juices.
Meat and Protein in Cans: Tuna, salmon, sardines, shrimp, chicken, chili, baked beans, red beans, soups and stews. Peanut butter is a healthy addition.
Grains and Pasta: Include dry foods such as rice and pasta, boxes of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, and flavored rice mixes. Hot breakfast cereals such as oatmeal, grits and porridge-type foods are healthy nonperishables. Dry cereals that you can eat with or without milk are good choices. Add complete pancake mixes that require only water and add a bottle of maple syrup.
Holiday Food and Treats: Don't forget to add some special treats or holiday items such as canned cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and pumpkin pie filling. Chocolate, hard candy and cookies will be appreciated. Include healthy nonperishable snacks like nuts, dried fruit such as raisins and apricots, banana chips and popcorn.
Baby Items: For a family with a baby, include some jarred baby food and powdered or canned formula. Finger foods for babies such as O-shaped oat cereal and teething biscuits are also good additions.
Last Minute Christmas Gift Basket Ideas
Homemade Christmas Gifts Jar
Chocolate Christmas Gifts
Christmas Post Cards
Christmas Appetizer Recipes
Christmas Gift Shopping Online
Christmas Festival of Lights
Christmas Wreath Ideas
Christmas in Minnesota
We do not accept guest posts. You are welcome to comment on the topics on any page. Please keep your comments topic relative. Ads and photos on our site are purchased from out graphics affiliates. Thank you.
Plan Your Minnesota Vacation
Lake Superior Maps
Boundary Waters Maps
Made in Minnesota
Minnesota Visitor Site Map
Minnesota Visitor Home Page
For personalized travel information call 888-VISITMN (847-4866)
Minnesota Department of Natural resources 888-646-6367
Minnesota Historical Society 888-777-8386
Judith Ramsey - Publisher
Copyright © 2005 ~ 2019
All Rights Reserved
Amazon Associates Disclosure
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Photos are provided by our affiliations with Amazon, Trip Advisor, Unsplash, Expedia, and by our content providers.
#adMinnesota State Parks: From Afton to Zippel Bay