Winter Destinations for Your
Minnesota Winter Getaway
The coolest winter destinations are found in Minnesota! We'll help you plan a Minnesota winter getaway full of action and relaxation.
It's probably no surprise that Minnesota winter vacation spots are some of the same Minnesota vacation destinations that we love in summer.
They just take on a whole new "flavor" in winter.
Many resorts and lodges are located in prime areas for winter fun like ski areas, ice fishing lakes, dog sled tours, and the many winter festivals hosted all across the state.
Baptism River Inn Bed & Breakfast is a favorite winter getaway destination for couples.
Most Minnesota Resorts and Lodges offer winter vacation packages for families, singles and couples. You can choose to stay indoors or get out and play in the snow.
Minnesota ski resorts offer the perfect winter vacation. Even if you don't ski, you can go snowboarding, tubing, snowshoeing and discover many other ways to have fun in the snow. If you want to learn to ski, you will find lessons for all ages.
Another favorite winter destination is the North Shore of Lake Superior. It's amazing to see this great lake dressed for winter. One of our favorite things to do in winter is to rent a room at the Hampton Inn in Canal Park in Duluth. Be sure to ask for a lakeside room. You can view the winter "lakescape" from your room, take a wintery walk on the lake walk, or take a drive up scenic Highway 61, returning in the evening to your cozy room. Read reviews of Duluth Minnesota Hotels to choose the perfect location for your winter vacation.
Minnesota Waterpark Hotels are a great family winter getaway destination in many parts of the state. You can enjoy outdoor winter activities then retreat to the tropical environment of a waterpark.
The Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis are truly all-season cities. Our cold and snowy winters and no hindrance to enjoying the art, culture and nightlife in "the cities." You can explore much of downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis via miles of climate-controlled skyways. Minneapolis tourism destinations that are top picks for summer vacations can be even more fun in winter. The same is true for Saint Paul Minnesota vacations
Visit the Science Museum, the Children's Museum, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Walker, our famous theaters and so much more. Stay right downtown in a comfortable hotel.
Some other great ideas for a Minnesota winter destination vacation:
- Participate in Minnesota Winter Festvals. The most famous of these is the St. Paul Winter Carnival. Many other Minnesota towns and cities have Winter Festivals as well.
- Plan a dogsledding tour. This unusual and fun type of outing is a great Minnesota tradition. You can find dog-sledding opportunities in many areas of the state.
- Minnesota's casino hotels offer great prices for rooms as well as good dining. If you like a little gaming, and even if you don't, you'll enjoy these.
- Visit the Nickelodeon Universe Indoor Theme Park
inside Minnesota's Mall of America. While you are there, visit Underwater World as well.
- Do some winter camping in Minnesota State Parks. Lots of groomed trails are available for hiking and cross-country skiing.
- Rent snowmobiles and explore the groomed snowmobile trails that criss-cross many areas of Minnesota. Snowmobiling Minnesota is a popular activity for families.
Check out the links below for many more Minnesota winter destination vacations and winter getaways.
Top Minnesota Vacation Destinations
Back to Minnesota Winter
Visit Minnesota Home Page