Romantic Winter Getaways
Winter Vacation Ideas in Minnesota
Search the Visit Minnesota Website
Plan a romantic winter getaway in Minnesota. These winter vacation ideas are perfect for Valentine Day, a honeymoon, and your anniversary.
"You know you're a Minnesotan if you have experienced laughter and hot apple cider on sleigh rides during brisk moonlit nights." ~Ed Fischer, You Know You're A Minnesotan
Minnesota hits all the right notes as a romantic winter vacation destination. If your winter vacation ideas include:
- Long winter nights
- Cool weather that leads to cuddling
- A romantic soft blanket of snow
- Starlit winter skies; moonlight shimmering on the snow
- Fireplaces, candles, hot chocolate, comfort foods, fleecy blankets
You can find all of these in the top romantic getaways destinations in Minnesota.
Reserve Your Bed & Breakfast Inn, Romantic Hotel, or Secluded Vacation Rental
-> Best Prices on Minnesota Hotels at Hotels.Com
-> Book A Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Inn
-> Minnesota Vacation Rentals
-> Budget Minnesota Vacation Packages
-> Minnesota Resorts and Lodges
Minnesota is a top romantic vacation destination. One of these romantic hotels or secluded cabins will provide you with cozy rooms, hot tubs, fireplaces, wine, and mouth-watering food.
Enjoy romance in one of Minnesota's 10 Best Winter Vacation Spots
The Candlelight Inn
is just one of the romantic travel destinations in Red Wing Minnesota
Winter Vacation Ideas in The City
Wrap yourselves up in the luxury of one of the most romantic hotels in Minnesota.
The Foshay W has become a favorite romantic getaway for some of the couples in our family who live outside the city and want to enjoy the energy of the Twin Cities.
The best of Minneapolis entertainment and restaurants is all nearby.
Take advantage of all of this with these winter vacation ideas.
Romantic Winter Vacation Ideas on Lake Superior
How about a romantic winter getaway on the North Shore of Lake Superior? This beautiful warm pool at Bluefin Bay offers an amazing view of the wintery lake. This resort is located near Lutsen where you can enjoy the winter sports offered at Lutsen Mountain Ski Area.
Romantic Winter Getaways Outdoors
If enjoying our outdoors in winter appeals to you, and you are somewhat adventurous, the best romantic vacation for you might be in one of our state parks.
Winter camping can be very romantic; spend time together enjoying activities from this list of winter sports.
Though the park amenities are a bit more limited in winter, almost all of them are open. You can camp in a tent or RV or you can stay in a heated camper cabin.
Most state parks have groomed cross-country ski trails and/or snowmobile trails. Snowshoeing is permitted throughout most of the parks.
Some also have ice skating rinks, sledding hills and warming houses with fireplaces.
You can take a dog sled tour at a number of places in Minnesota.
Enjoy A Play - A Show - A Sporting Event Together
Ticket Liquidator: Minnesota Events Tickets and Venues
Get deeply discounted tickets on top Minnesota sporting events, concerts, and shows. Timberwolves, Golden Gophers, Top Concerts ....More. Continuously Updated
with current ticket offers.
The Harlem Globetrotters: Internationally Famous Team on 2017 World Tour
- Target Center (Minneapolis, MN) Check Availabilty
Water Park of America: Family 4-Pack, All-Day or Half-Day Pass, Plus Game Card
- Water Park of America (Bloomington, MN)
Kayak and Paddleboard Rental on Lake Minnetonka
- 2-Hour Kayak or Paddleboard Rental on Lake Minnetonka - Tommy's Tonka Trolley & Kayak Rentals (Excelsior, MN) Check Availability
"Miranda": A Psychological Thriller Set in the Middle East
- Illusion Theater (Minneapolis, MN)
"Oh Freedom! The Story of the Underground Railroad": Stories & Songs - Howard Conn Fine Arts Center (Minneapolis, MN) Check Availability
Hill House Chamber Concerts
- The Hill House Chamber Players, made up of talented musicians from Minnesota Orchestra and the faculty of the University of Minnesota, present their latest series of concerts in the restored art gallery of the historic James J. Hill House. The performances, co-sponsored by The Schubert Club and Minnesota Historical Society, feature group members and guest artists in programs spanning the chamber music repertoire. James J. Hill House (St. Paul, MN) - Check Availability
North Star Roller Girls
- Hard-Hitting Roller Derby - Cheer on your favorite team when the North Star Roller Girls hit the track in fast-paced bouts. Powered by their impressive athleticism and spirited attitudes, these girls serve up hard-hitting, exciting roller derby. Lee and Rose Warner Coliseum at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds (Falcon Heights, MN) - Check Availability
"Schubert Club Mix": A Fun Twist on Classical Music
- Various Minneapolis & St. Paul Venues - The Schubert Club (Minneapolis, MN) Check Availability
Winter is as much a vacation season as any time of year. Don't let your romance cool; find some new ways to enjoy each others' company!
The Moon Minnesota Handbook by Tricia Cornell
is the guidebook to Minnesota that we keep with us wherever we travel in the state.
Romantic Getaway in Minnesota
Winter Vacation Ideas
Romantic Getaways in Minnesota