Romantic Getaway in Minnesota
Minnesota's Most Romantic
Your ideal romantic getaway in Minnesota might be a remote cabin near a lake in northern Minnesota or an elegant Victorian mansion in one of our charming small towns.
Or how about one of our best hotels with a romance package that hits all the right notes?
Resorts and lodges often cater to couples with special onsite spas, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs for two and even champagne.
Check for romance packages, Valentine getaway specials, spa retreats and honeymoon packages.
Romantic Getaway in Minnesota Top Lodging and Destinations:
Private Minnesota Vacation Rentals
- Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Inns: Stay in a historic mansion, a small town cottage, a Mississippi riverboat in St. Paul, or a renovated lighthouse or railroad car in Two Harbors.
- Trip Advisor offers frequent discounts, romance packages and "extras." Check those in your favorite destination. You will find one that meets your desires.
- Romantic Minnesota Hotels: Celebrate your romance in one of these outstanding romantic hotels.
- Romantic Spa Vacations: Many of our beautiful resorts include a spa. Check out our recommendations.
- Romantic Minnesota Vacations: we needed more than one page to tell you about our romantic getaway ideas!
- Romantic Winter Getaways: Our most alluring vacation destinations will enfold you in winter splendor.
- Minnesota Resorts and Lodges are located in the prime vacation areas of the state. Most of them are on lakes and offer many kinds of recreational opportunities as well as wonderful "extras" and romantic getaway packages to make your time together a special memory.
- Romantic Lanesboro, Minnesota: The "Bed & Breakfast Capital of Minnesota." Don't overlook this lovely small town.
- Minnesota Vacation Rentals: Wonderful private cabins in many parts of the state.
- Minnesota Waterpark Hotels: Enjoy tropical fun whatever the weather in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Casino Hotels: Indulge in luxury lodging, on-site pools and spas, great dining and gaming opportunities.
- Minnesota Hotel Deals By City Read reviews of romantic getaways in many towns and cities in Minnesota. You will find hotels that offer luxury lodging and those that cater to the budget minded couple.
Most Romantic Minnesota Hotels and Resorts
Larsmont Cottages in Two Harbors are located on Lake Superior. Inspired by traditional Scandinavian fishing villages, these North Shore Minnesota cottages are tucked away in 40 acres of private woods along 1300 feet of Lake Superior shoreline.
Our favorite romantic getaway in Minnesota is "up north." Every year we get away for a few days to a cabin on the shores of Lake Superior just north of Duluth.
We spend our days browsing in the small shops in the tourist towns along the lake like Two Harbors and Grand Marais. Almost every town has a small museum that highlights some of the amazing history of the Great Lakes.
We love to eat in the tiny restaurants and charming coffee shops in these Lake Superior towns.
When evening comes, we watch the moon rise over the water and look for shooting stars as the sky darkens. Peaceful sleep comes with the soothing sound of waves lapping the shoreline of the greatest of the Great Lakes.
Grand Superior Lodge All the wonders and surprises of nature's playground on Lake Superior's North Shore just north of Duluth.
Share quiet conversation and intimate meals with your significant other in this beautiful setting with many amenities.
East Bay Hotel in Grand Marais Reserve a romantic 2 person studio in this stunning lakeside hotel in the heart of downtown Grand Marais on Lake Superior.
East Bay Hotel was named one of 5 Great Getaways by the Minneapolis Star Tribune! Most suites include a balcony or patio, kitchen, fireplace, LCD TV with DVD, VCR and satellite, and complimentary wireless internet and complimentary transportation to nearby recreation areas.
Grand Ely Lodge A romantic minnesota getaway near the Boundary Waters wilderness area. Deluxe lakeview rooms and suites with wet bars, refrigerator and coffeemaker. Indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna.
Dine in the award winning Evergreen Restaurant or relax in the Antlers Lounge.
Duluth Minnesota is a Perfect Romantic Getaway Destination
Hampton Inn Canal Park, adjacent to downtown Duluth, is just one of many beautiful hotels in the Duluth area. Area attractions include the Aerial Lift Bridge, Enger Tower, Lakewalk, Vista Fleet Boat Excursions, Great Lakes Aquarium, William Irvin Oreboat Tours, Glensheen Mansion and the Omnimax Theater. Also near many walking trails, golf courses and alpine and cross country skiing.
Choose a Romantic Getaway in Minnesota Twin Cities.
The W Hotel Foshay
is just one of many romantic hotels in the Twin Cities area that offer special romance packages, spa packages and fine dining.
You have the advantage of a romantic location while staying close to all of the big city attractions.
The Crowne Plaza Riverfront Hotel is situated atop the bluffs of the Mississippi River in downtown Saint Paul. Relax in comfortable accommodations while enjoying unrivaled access to the best of the Twin Cities culture and entertainment.
The St. Croix River and Mississippi Valleys are other top locations for a romantic getaway in Minnesota. The towns in these areas offer historic hotels and wonderful romantic bed and breakfast inns.
The Saint James Hotel in Redwing is just one of many romantic getaway hotels in this lovely area. Explore the beauty and attractions of Red Wing. Enjoy spectacular scenery and a riverboat cruise in Taylors Falls. Spend some time in historic Stillwater where you can browse their famous antique shops. Stroll along the riverfront promenade, take a moonlight ride in a gondola and eat dinner in one of Stillwater's four star restaurants.
Southern Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Inns including Red Wing, Lanesboro, Stillwater and New Ulm.
Don't restrict your romantic getaway in Minnesota to summer heat. There's nothing like a Minnesota winter to make you want to cuddle up with someone special. Many Minnesota hotels, cabins and B & Bs have fireplaces and other ameneties to encourage winter vacationing. Head out for a romantic winter day of ice skating, sledding, snowmobiling or, even ice fishing! Several locations in our state offer romantic sleigh rides.
Minnesota Vacation Spots: get ideas about vacation destinations in all unique regions in Minnesota.
Whether your idea of romance is a sleek, ultramodern hotel, a comfortable B&B, or Minnesota resort or cabin, you won’t have any trouble finding your perfect romantic getaway in Minnesota.
Romantic Getaway in Minnesota Tips: Romantic ideas for you in all four seasons of the year. We share our best tips and offer a review form where you can share yours as well.
See our recommendations for Minnesota's 10 Best Vacation Spots.
Top 10 Bed & Breakfast Inns in the World!
Visit Minnnesota Home page