Pretty Red Wing
Pretty Red Wing, Minnesota is located on the banks of the Mississippi River just an hour from the Twin Cities. We love Red Wing’s flower-filled historic 19th century downtown that includes lots of antique shops. You have likely heard of Red Wing’s most famous businesses Red Wing Pottery and Red Wing Shoes. When you visit Red Wing, be sure to enjoy the Red Wing Pottery Museum and the Red Wing Shoe Museum.
Barn Bluff dominates the view from Red Wing. This 350 foot tall bluff is a challenging, and somewhat risky, climb. Author Henry David Thoreau made the trek up the bluff on his trip to Minnesota in 1861. For easier access to a view of Red Wing, drive up Scenic Skyline Drive to Sorin's Bluff.
Here are just a few ideas about what to see and do in Red Wing:
- Red Wing is a prime area for eagle viewing. One great way to see eagles is on a riverboat ride on the Mississippi River. You can schedule a trip on the riverboat at Red Wing Riverboat Rides in Levee Park.
- Take a trolley tour of pretty Red Wing; 45 minute narrated tours on the Red Wing Trolley leave from the Red Wing Depot.
- A bit west of town enjoy wine tasting at Falconer Vineyards. Stop in at Hobgoblin Music's restored barn to watch Celtic harps being made and to browse the selection of folk music instruments.
- Rent bikes at Wheelhouse Cycle and ride the Cannon River Trail.
- Hike the 17 miles of trails in the Richard J. Dorer Memorial Hardwood State Forest.
- Visit nearby Frontenac State Park.
Here is a list of more things to do in Red Wing Minnesota.
Red Wing is a top choice for romantic getaways in Minnesota. You have some wonderful choices among Red Wing’s Hotels and Bed & Breakfast Inns
For a romantic dinner in Red Wing, go to Sarah’s for the romantic atmosphere and great food. Marie's Casual Dining & Lounge is the spot for home cooked style food or head to Provenzano's Ristorante if you are craving Italian food. For a great muffin and coffee in the morning, Smokey Row Cafe & Bakery and Braschler's Bakery-Coffee shop are good choices.
Autumn leaf looking time is just ahead. There is no better way to enjoy our autumn paradise than on Red Wing Minnesota Vacations.
Our Favorite Minnesota Travel Guidebook
Our Visit Minnesota webiste, and our other websites, are both our passion and our "work from home" business. We compared many site building programs and found what we needed with
Site Build It.
Check out our other websites:
Best Potato Recipes.com
Action Wheel Leadership Resources
Please join us on the Visit Minnesota Facebook Page!
Feel free to forward this newsletter! We would appreciate it.
As we travel around Minnesota, we hope to see you!
Visit Minnesota Webmaster